Winter is settling in
As our days become shorter and the crisp air becomes prevalent, why not add a little touch of warm heartiness to our kitchen and cooking. Add a splash or a dram to your next recipe of the fine Glencadam Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
This is a great autumnal recipe, perfect after a long day!
"GLENCADAM" APPLE CAKE
• 450g cooking apples (such as Bramley)
• 1/2 cup of Glencadam Single Malt (my personal preference would be the 14YO Oloroso Sherry cask finish for a touch of Christmas or the 21YO for its sweet orange citrus tones)
• 225g butter, softened
• 280g golden caster sugar
• 4 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 350g self-raising flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• demerara sugar, to sprinkle
(why not add some chopped walnuts!)
Whipped cream/Ice cream / frozen yoghurt to garnish
• Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
• Butter and line a rectangular baking tin (approx 27cm x 20cm) with parchment paper.
• Peel, core and thinly slice the apples then the Glencadam Single Malt over. Set to one side.
• Place the butter, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder into a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
• Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin.
• Arrange half the apples over the top of the mixture, then repeat the layers. Sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
• Bake for 45-50 mins until golden and springy to the touch. Leave to cool for 10 mins, then turn out of tin and remove paper.
• Cut into bars or squares and add your chosen garnish to finish it off!