We are delighted to announce that Tomintoul and Glencadam, have today been awarded nine Gold medals in the 2023 International Spirits Challenge (ISC) – adding to the impressive string of results already secured at renowned industry awards earlier this year.
Glencadam Reserva Andalucía was among the awarded expressions at ISC, winning a Gold medal for the second consecutive year. Finished in the finest Oloroso Sherry butts hand selected in Jerez, this single malt is celebrated for its rich and balanced sherry-forward flavour, paying homage to the famous sherry region of Spain. The other ISC Gold medals were awarded to:
- Glencadam 15-year-old
- Glencadam 25-year-old (also awarded Gold at the Scotch Whisky Masters; and Double Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition)
- Tomintoul Cigar Malt (also awarded Double Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition for the second consecutive year)
- Tomintoul 12-year-old Oloroso Sherry Cask
- Tomintoul 21-year-old (also awarded Gold Outstanding and the ‘Single Malt Scotch Whisky 16-25 YO Trophy 2023’ at IWSC)
- Tomintoul 25-year-old (also awarded Gold at the Scotch Whisky Masters and Gold at IWSC)
- Old Ballantruan 10-year-old
- Old Ballantruan 15-year-old
Distilleries Director, Robert Fleming said: “Being recognised with these awards is confirmation of the quality of our single malts and is a testament to our amazing teams at both Tomintoul and Glencadam Distilleries.
“We take great pride in our brands as some of the few single malt Scotch whiskies still lovingly produced by hand. Using traditional production methods which have been passed down through generations ensures our whiskies are of the highest standard and achieve the best taste.
“The success of our Glencadam Reserva Andalucía has been a particular highlight – winning a Gold Outstanding award at IWSC by scoring 98/100 and Gold at the International Spirits Challenge competition, both for the second consecutive year, really is a wonderful achievement for us all.”
The distilleries’ other awarded spirits include Tomintoul 16-year-old, Tomintoul 14-year-old, Glencadam American Oak Reserve and Glencadam 10-year-old, bringing the running total to an outstanding 22 awards for the brands in 2023.